This is a followup to my previous post, What I Learned at JavaOne 2012 (part 1). In this post I’m going to cover the rest of the sessions I attended. Part 3 will cover the exhibitors (VMWare, TypeSafe, CloudBees, Jelastic, etc…).
Here are my notes for the following JavaOne sessions, somewhat grouped by category:
- Design Patterns for Groovy - DSL, meta-programming, etc.
- Groovy 2 - What’s new in Groovy 2
- The Groovy Ecosystem - Grails, Gradle, Griffon, etc.
- JAX-RS 2.0 - Java API for RESTful web services
- Enterprise Application Integration - using Spring Integration
- Polyglot Persistence Applications - mainly about Redis
- Continuous Enterprise Development - mainly about Arquillian
- Java Community Keynote - Gosling was there